Search This Blog

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Recycling a sign for next to nothing!


So I had this sign hanging up in my room but I just painted my room and it no longer matched. I wanted to recycle the piece of wood and make is say something else. So with a little paint, glitter, and my Cricut I came up with this.

First I sanded the sign and removed all of the glitter. I then painted the base purple with leftover paint from doing my walls. After That dryed I cut out the word "RELAX" Using the "Don Juan" Cricut Cartridge. I taped the letters lightly to the board using re-positional glue dots. I then spray panted over the enter board, letters, sides, the whole works. Right after I did that I got a brilliant idea: Add some sparkle! I used Martha Stewart brand glitter-but any fine glitter will do the job. I sprinkled it all over and let it all dry. I then peeled off the letters after everything was dry and *POOF* a brand new wall sign! (I added a ribbon across the bottom to add an extra touch.) I am going to touch up the letters with the dark purple paint soon and it will be complete!










No comments:

Post a Comment